A Simple Homeowner Checklist for Hiring a Qualified, Profess...Monday, 10th of February 2020:
Here are several ways to find a plumber:
- When you have a plumbing emergency at your home, you need to quickly find a qualified, professional plumber to fix the problem.
2. Ask a local real estate agent for a good plumber she has used.
- 1. Check with your family or friends for a referral.
4. Check with the local plumbing supply store for a recommendation for a reputable plumbing company.
- 3. If you have used another contractor in your home, ask the contractor for a referral.
If you search for a plumber in your city on one of the popular search engines, such as Google or Yahoo, you will find the search engines "Local Listing" of plumbers geographically near you, links to their website, and customer reviews of their work.
- 5. Go online and check the reviews of plumbers in your area.
BEFORE you hire them.
- After you find a plumber in your area, what do you look for before you hire them?
In addition to passing an exam to receive their license, they must take annual continuing education to keep abreast of changes to the codes, new products, and innovations in plumbing.
- Are you licensed by the state to do plumbing?
In addition, they should have additional certifications to test and certify backflow devices or work on septic systems.
- In Georgia, there are a lot of skills you need to succeed as a plumber.
This gives you a gauge as to how viable and stable the business is and if they will be around to warrant the work they do on your home.
- How many years have you been in business?
These Service Technicians should be company employees and not sub-contractors.
- Are Service Technicians background checked?
The benefit of dealing with an experienced, qualified plumbing company is... they are equipped with all the necessary training, skills, plumbing tools, and experience to handle all sorts of plumbing emergencies in your home.
- What are your skills and experience in plumbing?
Upon request, the plumber should be able to provide you with a copy of his insurance.
- Does your plumbing company have insurance?